PostgreSQL :(

Mar 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM
hi!
DbEntry.Net not supports PostgreSQL? in old releas i see it - but in new don't... will you support it? or may be I can implement it by myself... whot I need for it?
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2008 at 1:25 AM
I don't have PostgreSQL installed on my computer before, so DbEntry.Net not supported it until now.

If you see some other sql dialects in the old release, it means I want to support it. But it never tested and I don't think it works so in the new release I removed it.

If you want to implement it by yourself, the other dialects like MySql Oracle will be the sample. And you need a lot of tests on the new database.
Mar 12, 2008 at 8:40 AM
what I have do to implement postgresql support? only implement dialect? and I want to work with pgsql throuth npgsql - it's native dataprovider. whot I have do for this? implement "driver"? anything more?
excuse my English :) - it's bad - but I hope you will understand me
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2008 at 9:27 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2008 at 9:28 AM
Yes, you just need to implements the dialect.

But, you need know well about how it works in DbEntry.Net. It includes Driver Dialect and SqlEntry namespaces.

Or you can wait for me to implement it. But the priority of it is not high for me. So I can't tell you when.
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Done.
Please look up http://www.codeplex.com/DbEntry/Wiki/View.aspx?title=PostgreSQL%20Support