Can the beginner

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM
I'm starting at DBEntry and would like to know some things example.
   I have created my tables as I do I create my class inherits from that class IDBObject?

How to create a WhereCondition an example please.

I wonder where I find examples of the use of more advanced DBEntry
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:39 AM
1. You need to make your class inherits IDbObject if you need to work on the old database schema. But I don't recommanded use DbEntry on the old schema since you will miss the best part of DbEntry.

2. WhereConditaion wc = CK.K["name"] == "tom" && CK.K["age"] > 18;

3. Read all the wiki first, if you still want more, just read the unit tests.
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Okay, then you could give me a framework similar to the DBEntry where I can work with my old database. So you do not advise using the bases in DBEntry old? I am revising a system but can not change the schema of the database. What would be the best part would be lost?
In DbObjectModel <T, TKey> what would TKey this? another thing that I have already an object ID property, and if I use this class and put the other KEY an error. What is the best way to work with the DBEntry without using the default key that object.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2009 at 12:54 PM
If you need work for old schema, DbEntry also works, and you can choose NHibernate, Castle ActiveRecord or SubSonic I think.
If your classes inherit from DbObjectModel,/LinqObjectModel you will get dynamic object, partial update, simpler linq query, relations supports etc.
The best way to use DbEntry is just define the classes inhertis from DbObjectModel/LinqObjectModel, and let DbEntry to create the tables for you. And I recommanded to use Sqlite as the development database and you can deploy it to another database for release. More details please read the wiki.
Jan 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Thanks for the help ..
I use my DBEntry to the database because like a lot of existing framework, if I have more questions use that space.